Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Words of sex and longing

“A Woman Waits for Me”   by: Walt Whitman

A woman waits for me—she contains all, nothing is lacking,

Yet all were lacking, if sex were lacking, or if the moisture of the right man were

lacking.

Sex contains all,

Bodies, Souls, meanings, proofs, purities, delicacies, results, promulgations,

Songs, commands, health, pride, the maternal mystery, the seminal milk;

All hopes, benefactions, bestowals,

All the passions, loves, beauties, delights of the earth,

All the governments, judges, gods, follow’d persons of the earth,

These are contain’d in sex, as parts of itself, and justifications of itself.

Without shame the man I like knows and avows the deliciousness of his sex,

Without shame the woman I like knows and avows hers.

Now I will dismiss myself from impassive women,

I will go stay with her who waits for me, and with those women that are warm-blooded and

sufficient for me;

I see that they understand me, and do not deny me;

I see that they are worthy of me—I will be the robust husband of those women.

They are not one jot less than I am,

They are tann’d in the face by shining suns and blowing winds,

Their flesh has the old divine suppleness and strength,

They know how to swim, row, ride, wrestle, shoot, run, strike, retreat, advance, resist,

defend themselves,

They are ultimate in their own right—they are calm, clear, well-possess’d of

themselves.

I draw you close to me, you women!

I cannot let you go, I would do you good,

I am for you, and you are for me, not only for our own sake, but for others’ sakes;

Envelop’d in you sleep greater heroes and bards,

They refuse to awake at the touch of any man but me.

It is I, you women—I make my way,

I am stern, acrid, large, undissuadable—but I love you,

I do not hurt you any more than is necessary for you,

I pour the stuff to start sons and daughters fit for These States—I press with slow

rude muscle,

I brace myself effectually—I listen to no entreaties,

I dare not withdraw till I deposit what has so long accumulated within me.

Through you I drain the pent-up rivers of myself,

In you I wrap a thousand onward years,

On you I graft the grafts of the best-beloved of me and America,

The drops I distil upon you shall grow fierce and athletic girls, new artists, musicians,

and singers,

The babes I beget upon you are to beget babes in their turn,

I shall demand perfect men and women out of my love-spendings,

I shall expect them to interpenetrate with others, as I and you interpenetrate now,

I shall count on the fruits of the gushing showers of them, as I count on the fruits of

the gushing showers I give now,

I shall look for loving crops from the birth, life, death, immortality, I plant so

lovingly now.

An excerpt from “Desires that you can only tame to know”  by:Ivan Donn Carswell

A drama in a field I saw before

while walking near the horses. A filly

frisked and nipped the stallion sore

until his thick, black rod arose

all of a metre long,

and he mounted her and rudely thrust it in

with heaves that drove her flanks apart.

His nostrils bulged and flared

in the frenzy of his ride until she twitched,

disgorged his shaft and cantered off aside.

He followed, softened cock a sway,

flopping side to side, a comic sight,

unfinished in his business, intimidated

by her flight. She lead him far and teased

him every turn, standing quiet to take his shaft

a moment, half a thrust, a touch, and fleeing

as of whim. She milked him dry and raw,

his rod withdrawn, her cleft engorged

and glistening while I watched enthralled.

Her wanton wiles and artist’s touch had stirred me deep,

it was a game she played so well

I only wish her season never ended.

There is faint motive in your hunt of sexual game,

of craving for extension, of seeking out exotic fruit

emboldened by invention. Life’s cup spills diversions

in a bounty that confuses, you savour without style,

relentless urges palter, you are afraid it seems

to counter this inanity in case it proves a dream.

A weakness of your yielding flesh,

the treachery where wit cannot compel

it quiet, clouds the nature of reality, and

drives this single-minded search

where each new conquest proves you right

and fuels desire that swells until it hurts.

We are the watchers stirred to witness sex,

thrilled with sympathetic energy

which quickens in our breath;

but other forces guide your bodily design

and moisten nether lips in unctuous flow

without correction. Your cerebrum in muzzled

with sensations, you are coming with your mind aglow

in riot of desires you can only tame to know;

and in the mellow ebb of truth you find

that passion’s flight has left you, too, behind.

“Erotic Energy”   by:Chase Twichell

Don’t tell me we’re not like plants,

sending out a shoot when we need to,

or spikes, poisonous oils, or flowers.

Come to me but only when I say,

that’s how plants announce

the rules of propagation.

Even children know this. You can

see them imitating all the moveswith their bright plastic toys.

So that, years later, at the moment

the girl’s body finally says yes

to the end of childhood,

a green pail with an orange shovel

will appear in her mind like a tropical

blossom she has never seen before.

“Sex”  by: Michael Ryan

After the earth finally touches the sun,

and the long explosion stops suddenly

like a heart run down,

the world might seem white and quiet

to something that watches it in the sky at night,

so something might feel small,

and feel nearly human pain.

But it won’t happen again:

the long nights wasted alone, what’s done

in doorways in the dark by the young,

and what could have been for some.

Think of all the lovers and the friends.

Who does not gather his portion of them

to himself. at least in his mind?

Sex eased through everyone,

even when slipping into death

as into a beloved’s skin,

and prying out again to find

the body slumped, muscles slack.

and bones begun their turn to dust.

Then no one minds when one lover

holds another, like an unloaded sack.

But the truth enters at the end of life.

It enters like oxygen into every cell

and the madness it feeds there in some

is only a lucid metaphor

for something long burned to nothing,

like a star.

How do you get under your desire?

How do you peel away each desire

like ponderous clothes, one at a time,

until what’s underneath is known?

We knew genitals as small things

and we were ashamed they led us around,

even if the hill where we’d lie down

was the same hill the universe unfolded upon

all night, as we watched the stars,

when for once our breathing seemed to blend.

Each time, from that sweet pressure

of hands, or the great relief of the mouth,

a person can be led out of himself.

Isn’t it lonely in the body?

The myth says we ooze about as spirits

until there’s a body made to take us,

and only flesh is created by sex.

That’s why we enter sex so relentlessly,

toward the pleasure that comes

when we push down far enough

to nudge the spirit rising to release,

and the pleasure is pleasure of pure spirit,

for a moment all together again.

So sex returns us to beginning, and we moan.

Pure sex becomes specific and concrete

in a caress of breast or slope of waist:

it flies through itself like light, it sails

on nothing like a wing, when someone’s there

to be touched, when there’s nothing wrong.

So the actual is touched in sex,

like a breast through cloth: the actual

rising plump and real, the mind

darting about it like a tongue.

This is where I wanted to be all along:

up in the world, in touch with myself. . .

Sex, invisible priestess of a good God,

I think without you I might just spin off.

I know there’s no keeping you close,

as you flick by underneath a sentence

on a train, or transform the last thought

of an old nun, or withdraw for one moment alone.

Who tells you what to do or ties you down!

I’d give up the rest to suck your dark lips.

I’d give up the rest to fix you exact

in the universe, at the wildest edge

where there’s no such thing as shape.

What a shame I am, if reaching the right person

in a dim room, sex holds itself apart

from us like an angel in an afterlife,

and, with the ideas no one has even dreamed,

it wails its odd music for pure mind.

After there’s nothing,

after the big blow-up of the whole shebang,

what voice from what throat

will tell me who I am? Each throat

on which I would have quietly set my lips

will be ripped like a cheap sleeve

or blown apart like the stopped-up

barrel of a gun. What was inside them

all the time I wanted always

to rest my mouth upon?

I thought most everything

stuck dartlike in the half-dome of my brain,

and hung there like fake stars in a planetarium.

It’s true that things there changed into names,

that even the people I loved were a bunch of signs,

so I felt most often alone.

This is a way to stay alive and nothing to bemoan.

We know the first time we extend an arm:

the body reaches so far for so long.

We grow and love to grow, then stop, then lie down.

I wanted to bear inside me this tender outcome.

I wanted to know if it made sex happen:

does it show up surely in touch and talk?

does it leak from the mind, as heat from the skin?

I wanted my touching intelligent, like a beautiful song.

“I like my body when it is with your”  by: e.e. Cummings

i like my body when it is with your

body. It is so quite a new thing.

Muscles better and nerves more.

i like your body. i like what it does,

i like its hows. i like to feel the spine

of your body and its bones, and the trembling

-firm-smooth ness and which i will

again and again and again

kiss, i like kissing this and that of you,

i like, slowly stroking the, shocking fuzz

of your electric fur, and what-is-it comes

over parting flesh . . . . And eyes big love-crumbs,

and possibly i like the thrill

of under me you quite so new

[Via http://anoukange.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment